Coby Electronics Unveils Stunning Debut Range of COBY KYROS™ Tablets at CES 2011PRESS RELEASE | 2011-01-06 | Coby Electronics Corp.
Lake Success, New York - January 6, 2011 - Coby Electronics, the leader in CE gear designed to enhance every lifestyle, "powers-up" its all-new COBY KYROS™ collection of Android™-operated, portable, do-it-all Internet tablets that puts the world literally at one's fingertips. Coby's planned debut line-up of affordable tablets, as well as the company's premiere 3D and LED large-screen TVs, innovative 3D portable DVD player, pocket-sized HD camcorders and much more will be on display at Booth #11932 in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center, January 6-9, 2011.
"We're thrilled to introduce our new line of 2011 COBY KYROS tablets at this year's CES and continue our commitment to offer exciting products in the hottest CE categories," said Michael Paladino, Senior Marketing Manager, Coby Electronics. "Our innovative KYROS units are fresh, feature-rich and incredibly user-friendly. They truly stand apart as the must-have, priced-right portable entertainment solution for today's on-the-go consumer."
Whether browsing the web, reading e-books, watching online videos or having access to thousands of downloadable games and applications, COBY KYROS units bring entertainment into the palms of consumers' hands. Living up to their name derived from the ancient Greek word meaning power and opportunity, the intuitively-designed new tablets let users wirelessly access the Internet through high-speed networking support and features more than a dozen built-in applications, each identified with a different icon. Among the included apps are an alarm clock, browser for surfing the web, calculator, calendar, email, gallery for viewing and playing movies, music and video player to watch the latest Internet videos and more. Each COBY KYROS tablet also offers two unique apps, Aldiko™ E-book for downloading and reading thousands of e-books, and AppsLib™ for browsing, downloading and installing apps.
Following on the heels of the company's sold-out success with their first tablet introductions in Q4 2010, Coby Electronics presents five all-new Google Android OS 2.3-powered touchscreen tablets for 2011 - all affordably priced:
- COBY KYROS MID7025 and COBY KYROS MID7026 - These gorgeous new units feature large 7" resistive TFT LCD touchscreens with 800 x 480 (16:9) and 800 x 600 (4:3) display resolution, respectively
- COBY KYROS MID8025 - The sleek MID8025 features a generous 8" resistive TFT LCD touchscreen and 800 x 600 (4:3) display resolution
- COBY KYROS MID1025 and COBY KYROS MID1026 - These standout tablets offer incredible 10.1" capacitive TFT LCD touchscreens with 1024 x 600 (16:9) and 1024 x 768 (4:3) display resolution, respectively
- 4GB built-in internal memory, expandable to 32GB with optional microSDHC card
- High-speed 1 GHz processor; connect to the Internet wirelessly with high-speed networking support (Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g)
- Access to 1080p HD video on an HDTV with optional HDMI cable
- Automatic orientation detection to view pages in portrait or landscape
- Built-in front-facing camera and integrated microphone and speakers
- Rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- Samsung S5PV210 (Cortex A8) processor
- Accessories include: USB cable, case, professional stereo earphones and power adapter
Alison Grand: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jaymie Presberg: email@example.com
Laura Liebeck: (845) 440-7974, firstname.lastname@example.org